Gospel for Life
Gospel for Life was created to help and encourage the work of making disciples.
We provide disciple-making resources and encouragement:
- group coaching
- books (8 Habits for Growth and How to Grow)
- an online community
- courses like the 8 Habits Challenge and Helping Others Grow
- a podcast
- a blog
- a newsletter
- speaking engagements
We are motivated by the following values:
- Scripture — The truth of Scripture, which points us to Jesus, undergirds everything we do.
- Church — The church is at the center of God’s plan for humanity. We act to support the ministry of faithful local churches.
- Encouragement — Everyone needs encouragement. We aim to provide hope and encouragement to everyone we meet.
- Quality — We aim to provide practical, high-quality resources and training.
God speaks through his Word.
- Scripture is God-breathed. It helps us overcome error and grow in truth so that we become who God intends us to be. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- Reading, understanding, delighting in, and meditating on God’s Word produces growth and life. (Psalm 1)
- Christians are meant to believe and obey God’s Word. (Matthew 28:18-20)
Therefore, we focus on Scripture and help people love, understand, read, and apply it.
The gospel is the foundation of discipleship.
- The gospel — the good news of what God has done through Jesus to rescue his people and creation — is the key to spiritual growth. It gives us everything we need to grow. (2 Peter 1:3-11)
- The gospel is not just an abstract idea. It’s about the beauty and the glory of the triune God, and the life we have in Jesus. (Colossians 3:1-3)
- Therefore, we keep returning to the gospel and its implications for our lives.
Therefore, we keep returning to the gospel and its implications for our lives.
The church is central to the Christian life.
- God doesn’t intend for us to live as isolated individuals. He places us within his people, the church. (1 Peter 2:9-10)
- We don’t grow in the abstract church, but in actual, committed, local, in-person gatherings of believers. (Hebrews 10:24-25)
- The church — the ordinary, humble church — is more than we realize. It’s the household of God, the pillar and foundation of the truth. It’s how God shows his wisdom to the unseen world. (Ephesians 3:10; 1 Timothy 3:15)
Therefore, we emphasize the importance of the church to the Christian life.
The urgent task of the church is discipleship.
- The church has been commissioned, with the promise of Jesus’ help and power, to make disciples (Matthew 28:18-20).
- The church is designed to equip believers for ministry and maturity. (Ephesians 4:11-16)
Therefore, we help churches make disciples.
Discipleship includes every part of our lives.
- There’s no “spiritual” part of our lives. God wants us to love him with all of who we are. (Matthew 22:37-40)
- Discipleship is about what we desire, not just what we do. (Ezekiel 11:19-20)
- Discipleship affects everything: our walk with God, our relationships, our work, our money, our leisure. (Romans 12-14)
- We don’t find happiness by looking for it. We find happiness by seeking God.(Psalm 16:11)
- Self-denial, not self-actualization, is the path to life. (Matthew 16:24-25)
Therefore, we help people love God with the entirety of their lives.
Godly habits help us grow.
- Scripture teaches us work out our salvation with God’s help. We work as God works within us. (Philippians 2:12-13)
- Scripture commands us to take repeated actions in order to grow and obey, and emphasizes the importance of discipline. (Deuteronomy 6:4-6; 1 Corinthians 9:27)
- Habits are important, but they’re not the point. The point is ongoing spiritual growth and intimacy with God. (Luke 11:42)
Therefore, we help people build godly habits.
God uses ordinary churches and believers.
- As we’re strengthened by the grace that’s in Jesus, we can entrust what we’ve heard to others, who will teach others. (2 Timothy 2:1-2)
- Every believer plays a role. (Ephesians 4:12)
- People learn as they imitate others. We need knowledge and relationships to grow. (1 Corinthians 4:15-17)
Therefore, we encourage churches and believers. With God’s help, they can make disciples.
Download a PDF of our principles:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or send mail to:
Gospel for Life Inc.
P.O. Box 11 TOR STN C
Toronto, ON M6J3M7