Links for your weekend reading:
We must rest to become fully alive to our humanity and to our creator…The call is to enter into and experience Recreation through trusting, stopping, and enjoying.
- God created you to require sleep for a healthy life.
- Sleep is the midwife of humility.
- Sleep is distinctively Christian.
Here are 11 evidences of the Spirit’s power and presence in a local church.
- Growth is not the only good.
- Evangelism may be a mask for egoism.
- Pegging your sense of worth to attendance will drive you nuts.
- Growth solves nothing.
- The litmus test for truth is not growth.
- Flawed characters help us personally identify with the truth.
- Flawed characters put God’s mercy on display.
- Flawed characters remind us of God’s transforming power.
- Flawed characters remind us that God is supreme.
- Flawed characters point us to Jesus.
The longer I preach, the more aware I am of just how many issues impact my preaching. I can study, pray, and prepare hard and still crash and burn on Sunday – I know because I’ve done it. Preparation is paramount, but there are other factors in play.
- People primarily think, speak, and live stories.
- The Bible is, in it’s simplest sense, a collection of stories of God’s work in history.
- Jesus was a good storyteller.
Don’t forget…I’m an author. I’m not trying to do away with physical books. I love them! I hope people keep buying them.
But too much is too much. At some point, they have to move on. There are others who could benefit from them. I’ll keep a few that I really love. But I won’t keep them all.
What one, small thing could you do every single day for the next month that would move the needle on a goal or ambition?
Pioneering in Third Spaces
I spoke at the Vital Church Planting Conference yesterday.