Links for your weekend reading:
Exhaustion: We Have Settled For A Sub-Human Life
We must rest to become fully alive to our humanity and to our creator…The call is to enter into and experience Recreation through trusting, stopping, and enjoying.
Three Reasons to Get Some Sleep
- God created you to require sleep for a healthy life.
- Sleep is the midwife of humility.
- Sleep is distinctively Christian.
How to Recognize a Spirit-Filled Church
Here are 11 evidences of the Spirit’s power and presence in a local church.
5 Things to Remember When It Comes to Church Size
- Growth is not the only good.
- Evangelism may be a mask for egoism.
- Pegging your sense of worth to attendance will drive you nuts.
- Growth solves nothing.
- The litmus test for truth is not growth.
5 Things We Can Learn From Flawed Biblical Characters
- Flawed characters help us personally identify with the truth.
- Flawed characters put God’s mercy on display.
- Flawed characters remind us of God’s transforming power.
- Flawed characters remind us that God is supreme.
- Flawed characters point us to Jesus.
11 Issues Impacting Your Preaching
The longer I preach, the more aware I am of just how many issues impact my preaching. I can study, pray, and prepare hard and still crash and burn on Sunday – I know because I’ve done it. Preparation is paramount, but there are other factors in play.
3 Reasons Why Christians Should Be Good Storytellers
- People primarily think, speak, and live stories.
- The Bible is, in it’s simplest sense, a collection of stories of God’s work in history.
- Jesus was a good storyteller.
4 Faulty Reasons That We Keep Too Many Books
Don’t forget…I’m an author. I’m not trying to do away with physical books. I love them! I hope people keep buying them.
But too much is too much. At some point, they have to move on. There are others who could benefit from them. I’ll keep a few that I really love. But I won’t keep them all.
One Small Commitment Can Radically Change Your Productivity
What one, small thing could you do every single day for the next month that would move the needle on a goal or ambition?
Pioneering in Third Spaces
I spoke at the Vital Church Planting Conference yesterday.