Hello, My Name Is Church
Hello my name is church,
I’m sure you’ve heard a lot about me. I have no shortage of critics. Perhaps you have heard that I am…
Milestones in Ministry (Seminary Can’t Prepare You For)
There are some “first times” in pastoral ministry that no amount of book learnin’ could prepare me for experientially.
How to Guard Against Mission Drift
- Be ruthlessly redundant.
- Put the right people in the right place.
- Say no to some very good things.
- Drip mission in every sermon.
- Beware personal drift.
Reject the Entre-Pastor
A biblical church doesn’t need a shiny and suhweet worship service; it needs the gospel.
Don’t Waste Your Weaknesses in 2014
In 2014, I encourage you to identify and exploit your weaknesses for the glory of Christ.
Create a Disciple-Making Plan for 2014
We need a personal plan and process that we embrace in order to orient our lives around making, maturing, mobilizing, and multiplying disciples of Jesus Christ.
3 Things Christians Should Do This Year
- Get to service on time.
- Faithfully be a part of your church.
- Faithfully give of your tithes and offerings.
Some Thoughts on the Reading of Books
- Maintain regular reading projects.
- Work through major sections of Scripture.
- Read all the titles written by some authors.
- Get some big sets and read them through.
- Allow yourself some fun reading, and learn how to enjoy reading by reading enjoyable books.
- Write in your books; mark them up and make them yours.
Dads, Write in Your Bible
And this year, as you settle your plans, here’s another aspect to consider.
Dads, write in your Bible.
The Slowness of a Good Book
Read the entire Bible this year, but also read some of it slowly.