Links for your weekend reading:
In a context where suffering and hurt should be welcomed, the Christian church has largely dealt with those suffering with mental health problems like modern day lepers: excluded from the camp and stigmatized.
Consider how drastically different our outlook might be this year if, like Paul, we decided to see all of life in light of the One who was crucified in our place.
- News, Not Advice
- Repentance, Not Resolve
- Needy, Not Self-Sufficient
- Heart Transformation, Not Behavior Modification
- Freedom in Christ, Not Slavery to Law
- Under the Rule of Christ, Not Apart from It
- In Community, Not Isolation
- Progression, Not Perfection
Your preparation for a more effective confrontation is counterintuitive, as are most of God’s ways. Humility is the way of strength. Weakness is the new unstoppable force.
Men striving for purity: May I just say how proud I, and so many other girls, are of you?
- Bloggers practicing Titus 3:10.
- Bloggers actively serving in their local churches.
- Bloggers who don’t think too highly of themselves.
We commend these titles to you as you develop your leadership gifts to further the ministry God has entrusted to you.
Here are 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started out as a pastor.
I’ll share with you 16 things I’m resolving to do in my preaching this year.
Here are 20 ways he distributes authority, followed by 10 ways this shapes our church culture.