How To Be A Weird Christian Without Being A WEIRD Christian
When an unbeliever comes into my church I know they will stumble over Jesus and the message of the gospel. I don’t want to add any additional stumbling blocks.
Ten Characteristics of Leaders Who Last
- They begin with a determination to finish well.
- They always have a vision bigger than they are.
- They take care of themselves spiritually.
- They take care of themselves physically.
- They invest in their family.
- They treat people well.
- They share the workload.
- They do not let discouragement set in.
- They have genuine friends.
- They have learned to laugh.
“To Everyone an Answer”: Eight Tips for Sharing Your Faith
- Talk and Listen
- Learn to Ask Good Questions
- Study the Bible
- Read a Book
- Take a Course
- Teach Somebody Else
- Stay Humble
5 Ways that Plug-n-Playing Another Church’s Ministry Model Will Cost You Ministry Progress
- Secondary Passion
- Underutilized Strengths
- Cultural Disconnect
- Less Satisfaction
- Faulty Measurement
7 Ways that Fathers Provoke Their Children
By God’s grace, father your children by avoiding these pitfalls:
- Make more withdrawals than deposits
- Resort to physical or verbal abuse
- Be emotionally absent
- Publicly humiliate and criticize
- Be no fun
- Don’t be generous
- Never say “I’m sorry.”
The origin of the 8 hour work day and why we should rethink it
For my daily workflow at Buffer, I’ve started to make 4 distinct changes to implement the above research better. Here is what worked the best:
- Manually increase the relevance of a task
- Split your day into 90 min windows
- Plan your rest so you actually rest
- Zero notifications