4 Ways We Need to Grow in Evangelism
- Raising the temperature of intentionality
- Sensitivity to the Spirit
- Providing people with tools
- Different Source — Where does the message come from?
- Different Message — What is the substance of the message?
- Different Position — In what position will the message leave you?
- Different Character — What kind of people does the message produce?
- Different Appeal — Why should you listen to the message?
- Different Fruit — What result does the message have in people’s lives?
- Different End — Where does the message ultimately lead you?
Why Do Rookie Pastors Get Fired?
The main reason for rookie pastors getting fired or, even worse, rookie pastors destroying a church, is not intellectual, moral, or theological failure, but failure in basic common-sense humanity.
25 Things I’ve Learned from Church Planting
I’ve learned a thing or two in this crazy adventure called church planting — and I trust I’ll learn more as we move forward. Here are 25 things I’ve discovered so far.
When Talking About Church Planting Feels Like Witnessing to Mormons
Let’s stop saying church planting, unless we can say what we mean. And then let’s evaluate one another to see if what we mean is in alignment with the Scriptures. This is extremely important when we have not been commanded to plant churches.
We’re Not the Ones God Has Been Waiting For
In seeking to spread the gospel, let’s resist the temptation to fashion a faith warmed by the fires of cultural acceptance but burned by denying Christ.
Doesn’t it make sense to say we need outside help? That all of us are in the same boat? That each one of us just as in need of guidance and rescue as the next?