Links for your weekend reading:
We’re called to be disciples and make disciples, but this call often feels overwhelming.
However, discipleship doesn’t have to feel this way. Our tendency is to overcomplicate it and think of it as something it’s not.
Here are nine common myths we believe about discipleship…
Four Steps Forward for the Very Sick Church
- The church must admit and confess its dire need.
- The church must pray for wisdom and strength to do whatever is necessary.
- The church must be willing to change radically.
- That change must lead to action and an outward focus.
The Punches I Never Saw Coming
Every statistic tells us that most pastors don’t make it over the long haul in vocational ministry. I almost got knocked out because I didn’t know where the punches would come from.
Why Should I “Give Back” if God Already Owns it All?
- It is an imitation of God.
- Generosity is the antidote for greed.
- Generosity creates and sustains community.
- Giving back teaches us to trust God.
Telling my children’s sins publicly can misrepresent the gospel I otherwise work so hard to communicate to them.
The Sermon You Preach in Your Sleep
Show me your sleep pattern and I’ll show you your theology, your anthropology, your soteriology, your ecclesiology, and even your eschatology!
7 Time-Management Tricks from Chris Hardwick
Hardwick talked to Co.Create recently about getting in gear, dodging distraction, and optimizing your time like a data engineer.