5 Things I Wish I Had Known as a Young Pastor
- You are pastoring a parade.
- The people who demand the most serve the least.
- You will see ugly behavior.
- You are irreplaceable (but not at church).
- Preach the Word.
The “Mega-Problems” of Mega-Churches
A great list of characteristics to avoid in churches of any size:
- Consumer-Oriented Structures
- Celebrity-Driven Culture
- Inward-Focused Financial Structures
- Seating over Sending
If you’re placed in a situation where you suspect your convictions will be labeled intolerant, bigoted, narrow-minded, and judgmental, turn the tables.
My 40 Day Experiment Without Social Media Apps On My Phone
I know taking my social media apps off my phone hardly constitutes as a revolutionary act, but it was my own experimenting with change. Since I love technology, and since I’m immersed in it — I’m trying to place healthy boundaries around it so that I can dictate how I use it, rather than the other way around.
- Immediately address the potential merits of the idea.
- Offer up a way to turn the idea in a more productive direction.
- Have a rule that no one can shoot down an idea without offering an alternative or building on the existing idea.
- Refocus on objectives.
Are You Future-Focused or Present-Focused?
When you have work to finish, be future-focused. When your work is done and it’s time to relax, be present-focused.
There are hundreds of great church blogs and ministry blogs to read, but do you ever wonder which church blogs everyone else is reading?
I do, which is why we have compiled a list of the world’s top church blogs.