The problem with “Gospel vs. Religion” is that it misses the point. This is a case of rightly seeing the problem, but coming up with the wrong steps to eradicate it. Moreover, it is not the perspective of the biblical writers. The Bible never speaks of religion as being bad, in and of itself.
What You’ll Never Hear About A Preaching Ministry In Seminary
- Your ministry will not be easy.
- Time for study will be an ongoing challenge.
- God’s Word is sufficient even when we are not.
- The rush for relevance will be a constant drain on you and your preaching.
- What you say is more important than how you say it, but how you say it has never been more important.
- Pride is an ever present reality for the preacher.
- You must concentrate on the depth of your walk with God and let God take care of the breadth of your work for Him.
- When things can go wrong, they will go wrong…be faithful anyway:
- People are not your enemy
- Your family must be a priority
3 Lessons In Three Years of Church Planting
- You cannot plan for your particular brand of tests and trials
- Planting with friends is way more work, but yields far more joy
- Determining who you will be, determines who will leave
- Love them more than you hate where they are at.
- Think like a missionary.
- Small changes + time = progress.
- Ground them in the Bible.
- Wait for a providential tipping point.
- Make tough changes with a personal touch.
Why Little Kids Need Big Biblical Words
Small kids need big words. Not because they understand everything all at once but because, over time, God uses the inspired words of His Book to convict kids of sin and convince them to repent and believe in Christ.
What To Do When You’re Burned Out
Burnout is never enjoyable, but it can sometimes provide a much needed nudge to do some re-organizing of life and work. By acknowledging it, pruning your priorities, and defaulting to “no”, you will be better positioned to bring your best work each day and stay prolific, brilliant, and healthy over the long term.