The Key to a Purposeful Life
While this reality, known as the doctrine of “union with Christ,” has received a lot of attention throughout Christian history, it is often ignored in the modern church. But it is incredibly good news for those of us who wrestle with the uncertainty and disappointment of life on earth. Because we are “in Christ,” because his life is ours, our fundamental life story has already been written.
5 Ways to Fight Insecurity as a Pastor or Leader
- Avoid comparisons
- Concentrate on your abilities
- Surround yourself with people who compliment your weaknesses
- Keep learning
- Ultimately, find your identity in what’s really secure
The Subtle Difference Between a Success Mindset and a Fruitfulness Mindset in Ministry
One way to tell which side you’re on is to analyze the questions you ask – either in your own mind, or of others – after a church function. Here is a baker’s dozen of such questions. Which do you ask more often?
The Dark Side of Charisma
The short-term benefits of charisma are often neutralized by its long-term consequences. In fact, there are big reasons for resisting charisma.
3 Questions to Ask of Your Sermon
- How does this topic/passage fit into the big story of Scripture?
- What is distinctively Christian about the way I am addressing the topic/passage?
- How does this truth equip God’s church to live on mission?
Stop Trying to Google Your Strategy
Nothing quick involved. Such is the way of all strategy. Nothing immediate. Strategic planning wars against the instant and our desire to live in the now. You can’t Google your strategy.