The Hardest Lesson
In our times of suffering, God doesn’t give answers as much as he gives himself. And already, in the Bible, he has revealed more than enough of himself to give us solid reasons for faith—yet not enough to make our faith unnecessary.
Hospitality and the Great Commission
“You know what the key to evangelism in the 21st-century will be, don’t you?”
…He paused and smiled that memorable Steve Childers world-evangelism grin. He waited. Still waiting. Still paused. Still nothing. Hold it . . . hold it. I was almost ready to burst with, “Just c’mon already!”
Finally he lifted the curtain.
What If Every Church Became a Church Planting Church?
- Start with Prayer
- Focus on Your City
- Commit your Resources
- Build Partnerships
- Have a Long View
5 Ways to Fight Greed in Your Church
- Be intentional about teaching on the dangers of greed.
- Encourage transparency among your group leaders.
- Demonstrate that Biblical generosity is the antidote to greed.
- Take your church through the “How Generous Are We?” Assessment.
- Build generosity (the antidote to greed) into your process for making disciples.
When You Preach a Lousy Sermon
- Aim to preach the best sermon you can possibly preach each and every week.
- Know that lousy sermons are inevitable.
- Remind yourself that you are not what you do.
- Learn everything you can from your lousy sermons.
- Have fun.
How to Quickly End Useless Meetings
Honesty, more than anything else, transforms meetings. Truth-telling ends useless meetings.
How to Tame Your Task List
I love the last tip:
Pick a 24 hour period of time where you don’t look at your things to do list, your smart phone, your laptop, or any other electronic device. In that 24 hour period of time simply rest, relax with family and friends, and renew your body, soul, and spirit. Your life will never be the same, and you’ll return to work energized and refreshed for the week.