I’ve always wanted to live in New York City for at least a year. I got 1/365th of the way there this weekend. Turns out you can do a lot in 24 hours. We checked into our hotel at 2:19 p.m. on Saturday and:
- shopped on Fifth Avenue
- walked through part of Central Park
- visited Times Square
- took the Staten Island Ferry
- walked around Rockefeller Center
- ordered food from the Mint Fine Indian Restaurant
- slept at the Waldorf-Astoria (but passed on the $95 Sunday brunch)
- had a great walk up Park Avenue
- attended a service at Redeemer Presbyterian Church
- took the Roosevelt Island Tram
Not bad given we mostly walked and had two kids in tow!
And we checked out at 2:10 p.m. on Sunday, home by midnight. Mission accomplished: Charlene can now see living there. Next time we’re staying longer.