This post is from the defunct blog “Dying Church”
We need to change what we measure and how we measure our success.
- Do people have a proper understanding of the gospel?
- Do they love the people that can offer them nothing in return?
- Are people willing to sacrifice for others?
- Are people becoming more like Christ in their values and behaviour?
- Do they have life and freedom?
If we considered these things, we would realize the state we are in and we would change. As long as we measure things based on our own personal satisfaction or by the markers of organizational success we will miss the point.