- Canada turned 100
- Charlie Chaplin opened his last film
- Martin Luther King Jr. condemned the Vietnam war
- Expo 67 took place in Montreal
- Elvis Presley and Priscilla Beaulieu got married
- The Beatles released Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band
- The Rolling Stones appeared on the Ed Sullivan show
- The Toronto Maple Leafs won the Stanley Cup (and haven’t won since)
- The world’s first heart transplant took place
A brand new MK II Ford Cortina would set you back $749 and a new home would have been $24,600. You’d bring home some $7,000 a year, pay 5¢ for a stamp, and pay 33¢ a gallon (9¢ a liter) at the pump.
This is what a computer looked like in those days. Of course, that computer didn’t connect to the Internet because there was no Internet.
Man am I old. Oh well. Happy birthday to me.