Without thinking too hard, I can come up with five kinds of churches:
- New churches that follow traditional models
- Older, established churches
- New, non-traditional churches
- Older, non-traditional churches
- Organic churches with little structure or leadership
I can think of examples of churches in each category. Each type has its unique set of strengths and weaknesses.
You can argue that some of these types are better than others. Some, however, argue that some of these categories are unbiblical or wrong.
A couple of questions:
- Did I miss any categories?
- Is there a right kind of church, or are any of these legitimate forms of church with unique sets of strengths and weaknesses?
All of this is leading up to a review of Pagan Christianity, but it also mixes with some of what I’ve been thinking about lately.