It’s been busy since arriving here in Birchington:
- We threw out over 35 large bags of clutter yesterday. About half was garbage. The other half is bound for the charity shops.
- Two Kentish Maids arrived this morning and spent 4.5 hours cleaning. It was hard for Dad, but the good news is that he had forgotten they were here an hour later. (We had a choice of cleaning services but how could I not pick the one called Kentish Maids?)
- We failed to get Dad to the doctor but I did pick up some new counseling skills from the pastor. (“He’s 84. What do you expect?” etc.)
- We found all kinds of neat things today, including some of his war records, old passports and citizenship cards, and even a family tree. We found some other stuff we got rid of but now we are wishing we had taken some pictures first.
- We have a gas meter exchange arranged for the morning, and a few other jobs in the morning. Then we hope to get off to Canterbury in the afternoon and we’re aiming to do something in London the day after.
It’s sure helped having Kevin here this time. Not sure I want to be 84 years old and living alone if I can help it.